J.D., cum laude, University of San Diego School of Law
USD Law Review, Member and Comments Editor
B.A., University of Southern California
Merrili Escue has been providing guidance and representation to employers for over 20 years.
Before joining SRC, Merrili had a successful career at several of the most prominent law firms in U.S., the last eight years of which were with the largest global law firm. Merrili’s practice includes counseling employers attempting to navigate complex employment issues and representing employers in employment-related disputes and litigation including claims for wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and wage and hour violations (both individual and class action representation).
Merrili advises employers in all facets of employment including hiring, discipline, performance management, termination, reductions in force, background checks, wage and hour compliance, leave of absence administration, and disability accommodation. She provides strategic and practical legal advice, taking into account the operational needs and realities of each client’s business.
In addition to her counseling and litigation defense practice, Merrili has extensive experience in drafting all types of employment agreements, conducting due diligence for corporate transactions, conducting employment practice audits, and client training on compliance and best practices for employee management.
Merrili is also a certified workplace investigator and frequently represents employers before administrative agencies including the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Labor Commissioner, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- All California state courts
- Best Lawyers in America – Best Lawyers® – 2021-22
- San Diego Super Lawyers – 2007, 2017-20