March 28, 2019
Sacks, Ricketts & Case LLP (“SRC”) is looking for an experienced Litigation Secretary for our Phoenix office. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website at www.srclaw.com.
This position will provide secretarial and administrative assistance to attorneys working in a highly collaborative team environment.
Primary Job Duties and Skills Required:
- Excellent secretarial/administrative skills.
- Ability to competently draft pleadings, motions, discovery, memoranda, correspondence, and other documents.
- Ability to accurately file court documents both electronically and in document form in compliance with all local rules or judge specific requirements, including the ability to mark and generate a table of contents and table of authorities (Arizona and California).
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Document Management System, Time Entry (Tabs 3), e-Filing, and database software.
- Ability to accurately proofread to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Attention to detail.
- Attention to and follow up on client deadlines and calendar schedule.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule meetings and depositions, etc.
- Assist with business development activities and organizing all other non-billable activities.
- Regularly update client files, notebooks, and pleading indices.
- Understand and accurately manage audit requests.
- Consistently update all applicable contact records (including attorney’s Outlook and firm database).
- Anticipate needs of attorneys in order to promote efficiencies (i.e., draft correspondence and prepare shell pleadings and discovery documents in advance).
- Familiarity with Westlaw and Pacer.
- Demonstrate good judgment and organizational skills to receive, record, and disseminate all information on behalf of the clients and assigned attorneys.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor and timely seek assistance when needed.
- Enter, review, and revise timesheets accurately.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Edit and finalize client bills.
- Conduct conflict checks.
- Exhibit knowledge of litigation process.
- Be flexible and offer assistance to other colleagues when needed.
- Demonstrate dependability by following instructions, completing tasks on time, committing to the hours necessary to complete assignments, and working independently.
- Demonstrate professionalism through approaching others in a tactful manner, treating others with respect, and reacting well under pressure.
- Be respectful and attentive to the time constraints faced by the lawyers in the office.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and be approachable.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
- Effectively communicate with clients and vendors.
- Demonstrate a high level of awareness of confidential information.
- Be punctual and maintain consistent attendance, arrive at work on time, and ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and assignments may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the firm.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 plus years of law firm experience as a litigation secretary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRC is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
Interested applicants should send their resumes to Merrili Escue at email@example.com.